School of the Environment’s Environmental Finance Advisory Committee awarded a 2014 Arbor Award
Thursday, July 24, 2014 4:20:00 PM
We are pleased to announce that the School of the Environment’s Environmental Finance Advisory Committee has been awarded a 2014 Arbor Award for their volunteer contributions to the School. The award will be presented to the members of the Committee at a reception at the University of Toronto President’s Residence on September 10, 2014.
The Arbor Awards were created by the University of Toronto in 1989 to recognize volunteers for outstanding personal service to the university. Since then, the University has annually acknowledged those whose loyalty, dedication and generosity have added immeasurably to the quality of the experience for students, faculty, staff and alumni.
The Committee provides a forum for the exchange of innovative ideas in environmental finance between the University and the commercial sector. It organizes educational workshops and programs on various topics within the field of environmental finance to promote dialogue among business, industry, government, academia and the private sector. The two most recent events, both highly successful and involving leaders in the field of environmental finance and management, were a Thought Leadership Panel on 2014 and Beyond: Is Your Business Ready? and a panel discussion on Green Bonds: Mobilizing Long-term, Climate Change Capital: Real or an Illusion?
The School of the Environment is pleased to have the following members of the business and university community serving on its Environmental Finance Advisory Committee.
· Michael R. Barrett, Partner, Corporate, Bennett Jones LLP
· Alex Chamberlain, Managing Partner, Investeco Capital
· Elisabeth (Lisa) DeMarco, Partner, Norton Rose Fullbright
· Julie Desjardins, President, Desjardins & Associates Consulting Inc.
· Toby Heaps, President and Co-Founder, Corporate Knights
· Barbara Hendrickson, Counsel, Bax Securities Law
· Peter Johnson, Senior Manager, Environmental Risk, TD Bank
· Eric Kirzner, John H. Watson Chair in Value Investing and Professor, Rotman School of Management
· Patricia A. Koval, Partner, Torys LLP
· Sonia Labatt, PhD, School of the Environment, Dean's Advisory Board member, Faculty of Arts and Science, University of Toronto
· Todd Latham, President, Actual Media
· Rosemary Martin, Chief Sustainability Officer, First Capital Realty
· Susan McGeachie, Market Leader, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, E&Y
· Susan McLean, Director, GreenEdge Capital
· Kimberly Strong, Director, School of the Environment (Committee Co-Chair)
· Katie Sullivan, Director, North America Policy and International Climate Finance, International Emissions Trading Association
· Gray Taylor, Counsel, Bennett Jones LLP (Committee Co-Chair)
· Bill Tharp, CEO, Climate Change Infrastructure Corporation
· Donna Nielsen, Manager, Program & Partnership Development, School of the Environment
For more information, visit http://learn.environment.utoronto.ca or
contact Donna Nielsen at 416-978-7077, firstname.lastname@example.org