Please refer to the Prospective Students page on the School of Graduate Studies website for details about the departments, international student information, and general application procedures to graduate studies at the University of Toronto.
Once you have chosen the degree program, a home department, and a specialization in the on-line application, the School of Graduate Studies (SGS) or your home department will advise the School of the Environment of your application.
Please submit the following information to the Program Assistant & Graduate Student Advisor after receiving your letter of acceptance or after you have started your program of studies.
- A copy of the School of the Environment Specialization Confirmation Form.
- A copy of the on-line application form submitted to your home department.
- A copy of all university transcripts sent to your Home Department. Photocopies are accepted.
- A Statement of Interest outlining the nature of the research you have carried out in the past, and the research you propose to do in your graduate program. This should be typed and not more than one page in length, single-spaced.
- A copy of your resume/CV.
- A copy of your official offer/acceptance letter.
Prospective students who are planning to enrol in one of the School’s Collaborative Specializations are encouraged to submit copies of the documents indicated above by the application deadline established by your home department. Please contact the home department to which you intend to apply to confirm the application deadline.
The School of the Environment allows potential students to enrol in our Collaborative Specializations beyond the deadlines set by their home departments. Once you are officially registered in one of the collaborating home departments, you may apply to and enrol either in an Environmental Studies or Environment & Health Collaborative Specialization, provided you can complete the program requirements within the time limits set for the completion of your degree program.