Applications for our 2024-2025 cohort will open on October 10th, 2023. The deadline to submit your application is January 5th, 2024. Please see below for more information on our Fall 2024 intake.
Applicants are admitted under the General Regulations of the School of Graduate Studies and must also satisfy the School of the Environment’s admission requirements stated below:
- An appropriate honours bachelor’s degree (typically a 4-year HBSc, HBA, or equivalent) that includes at least a minor in environment, sustainability, or a closely related field, from a recognized university with a minimum standing equivalent to a University of Toronto B+ in each of the final two years of study. Meeting this requirement does not guarantee admission into the program.
- Applicants should have completed a combination of majors and minors spanning more than one discipline or have equivalent interdisciplinary experience.
- International students should consult the School of Graduate Studies degree equivalency tool to confirm that they fulfill requirements to apply to the Master of Environment and Sustainability.
- Applicants must demonstrate an adequate level of proficiency in English, regardless of country of origin. Applicants are expected to follow School of Graduate Studies’ policies regarding Proof of English Proficiency. For language testing requirements refer to English-language proficiency testing for more details.
- Meeting all of the eligibility requirements is not a guarantee that you will be accpeted into the MES program. There are many factory in the decisions made by the admissions committee included the capacity of a given supervisor to incorporate new students into their research group. Not being accepted into the program does not necessarily have any bearing on how strong an application was.
Applications will be evaluated in their entirety. All submitted documents, including academic transcripts, reference letters, applicant statements and CVs, will be considered as part of the admissions process.