How to Apply

Prospective Students

  • Apply using the online Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC). Ontario students should use the OUAC 101 category, and all others should use the OUAC 105 category.   
  • If you wish to study Environmental Studies, use the OUAC code TAX (Social Sciences).
  • If you wish to study Environmental Science, use the OUAC code TLG (Life Sciences).

Find out more about the Faculty of Arts & Science application process as a prospective student, including deadlines, English requirements, and international student info.

Official direct enrolment in or applications for Programs of Study occur at the end of your first year. 

First Year Students

Program of study enrolment and applications occur at the end of your first year. If you plan to take two majors for your degree, consider adding a minor to the two majors, either to complement one or even both of your majors, or to take something of interest to you that is not related to your majors. A minor taken in addition to two majors is not a degree requirement, so you can double count as many courses as you wish between it and the two majors. 

  • Environmental Studies is an Open Enrolment program, meaning that you can automatically enrol on ACORN during the program enrolment period, after completing any 4 credits. Environmental Science is a Limited Enrolment program, which means you must apply on ACORN, and have completed BIO120H1 and one of CHM135H1 or CHM136H1 among 4 credits. 
  • Most of our Collaborative programs are open enrolment, with the exception of the Environment and Behaviour Minor, for which you have to also be enrolled in a Psychology program, and the Environment & Toxicology Specialist, so for these two programs you must apply on ACORN.
  • The Certificate in Sustainability Pathways is an Open Enrolment certificate. 

U of T's Arts & Science Calendar has important information about courses, program and degree requirements, student services and resources, and rules and regulations.

Use the Arts & Science online timetable application to plan your course schedule.


Please email the Undergraduate Student Advisor to book an appointment. He welcomes student questions and requests for assistance!